Monday, July 13, 2009

the world of technology...

Now let 's just start out by saying that technology and I are just learning to be friends..... we are becoming friends through repetition....the more I repeat what I just experienced....the better the possiblity that I will remember how to do it the next time around....maybe.....hopefully......It is getting better. My daughter, husband and sister are my teachers....and they are patient folk... Last night my husband surprised with a flash drive so I will not lose any photos and music that I have saved on my computer... If the computer crashes....they do that sometimes you know.......the photos would be irreplaceable....the music would mean another trip to our local used book/cd store....doable.....but really don't want to ...... So.. this little sucker holds 4gb..... After my husband showed me the general process, I proceeded to download my music first.....it took up about 1/4th of the drive...not too bad.....then I started on my photo folders....hmmm.....10 minutes for the first folder..... two minutes for another....then I hit the big one.....it said 110 minutes to download......hmmm ....not sitting in front of the computer and watching the progress bar for that one.......what to do....what to do....oh yeah.....I can watch the last episode on the current disc from Netflix.... I'm partway through the "Tudor's" Season 2 ......more beheadings.....drama and court intrigue......yep....that works..... Fortunately that was the folder that took the longest to download and after watching that last episode it was ready for the next folder.....the timing was perfect..... So everything is on my little flash drive....except for the pictures that the Kodak site grabs every time I download from my camera.....but this flash drive is now full....so on to the next.....but I kinda ...mostly... know how to do it this time....really.....ummm...maybe.....

No comments:

Post a Comment