Sunday, July 26, 2009

the day it was.....

Yesterday was a lovely day....the sky was blue.....it was warm....there was a breeze.....not so much this morning..... Everything is grey....looks like rain.....but it is supposed to pass on through. But yesterday....aww.....it was nice..... We eat brunch on Saturday mornings....actually it is pretty much noon by the time we eat.....so I guess that does not qualify as morning....but since Joe works all morning.....it is the best time frame for us....and I have had a little time to decide on a meal..... and I watched Food Network..... yes oh yes.....lots of ideas running around in my head.... So what did I make......a frittatta......or basically a crustless quiche...... It was lovely...and my husband took the pictures to prove it....but I don't have them yet....so will just have to describe it to you.....eggs, rice, spinach, milk and cheese.....seasoned well.....and baked ....and baked...took longer than expected.....and then topped with a thinly sliced tomato and sprinkled with parm cheese.....and served with an apple oatmeal muffin...... And we enjoyed it outside....looking down on the pool......with a little bit of a breeze to keep us cool.....aww yes.....it was another Saturday morning......in our world....and there are leftovers.....ymmmm.....

No comments:

Post a Comment