Wednesday, July 22, 2009

cleaning day....

Human that I am...I resent having only one day this week to clean....I like the ability to clean any of several different days during the week....it makes me feel in control.....but this week.....there was only one free day to clean.....and so I put it off as long as I could yesterday.....let my very late breakfast settle....then got down to it.....and did some laundry....changed sheets and towels...so everything was fresh and clean.....then while making dinner I started sweating profusely....water running down my face in a constant stream....my hair soaking wet....and I had been looking forward to slipping into my fresh sheets while remaining fairly clean from my day....not the case....and then on top of that....some black shiny bug was running around on our bed....when we tried to catch it ....it flew off....and then had the nerve to crawl on me during the night....wake me up....and then bite when I grabbed it and threw it off of me....who knows where it ended it up....I just wanted it off of me.....yep....yep.....not a very nice bug....but at least whatever I was feeling yesterday (kinda like I was coming down with a cold) disappeared...not so for my husband....he is not feeling well at all....fighting some kind of infection I think......and ibuprofen only goes so far in making one feel better...... But it is a new day.....and I am off to spend some time with the grand kids.....while their mom keeps her midwife appointment....wonder what kind of creative things the kids will come up with today....they know that their family rules are in effect regardless of who is with them...but it doesn't mean that they won't try to creatively skirt some of those rules....yep....yep...better gird myself....because they are charming little creatures....and I dearly love spending time with them....but I don't like to get in trouble with their mother.....and occasionally I do...yep...I do....

1 comment:

  1. you did splendidly taking care of the kiddos for me. love you!

    ReplyDelete