Thursday, July 16, 2009

eggs....one of my favorite things....

I love breakfast...not so much the fixing of it....but the eating of it is mighty fine.....yes it is..... And the time of day does not matter....breakfast for breakfast....breakfast for lunch....breakfast for dinner....it is all good..... Usually I grab a breakfast bar on the way to work....or eat a little yogurt.....that is about all the time I have..... But I'm off today and I can work my way leisurely into the day....and I was thinking about eggs.....poached eggs to be precise.....but not poached in water.....how boring is that.....eggs poached in salsa.....with a couple of flour tortillas to catch any remaining bits on the plate....oh it is a wonderful thing. Now I have been making this recipe for years...and years....and I still love it every bit as much today as the first time I made it. I honestly don't remember where I first came across the idea of poaching the eggs in salsa... I think it was a fat saving device since the eggs did not need any kind of fat to cook in. Here is the basic idea....take two heat proof cups....pour a little salsa into the bottom of each (maybe two tablespoons each). Crack an egg into each cup...prick the egg...stick it into the microwave for about 2 or 2 1/2 minutes....at about half power....the time is the only tricky part....full power will turn the eggs into golf balls....and you want them a tiny bit soft in the center....at least that is the way I like them...but you want the egg white to be fully cooked. After the eggs cook, I turn them out onto my plate and chop them all up.....so I can use my tortillas as a scoop....if I please..... And that was my breakfast this morning.....and it was so good..... I could actually do it again for lunch....but I am eating Vietnamese for lunch.....I'm thinking curry....and it will be really good......

No comments:

Post a Comment