Monday, September 7, 2009

quiche....ahhh quiche.....

It was one of those days.....I wanted to make a brunch that would have leftovers.....that I could eat in the mornings before I head off to work.....something easy and tasty..... So after thinking through the contents of my fridge....I came up with quiche.....a lovely dish....able to turn a variety of objects into a tasty slice of eggy goodness... My fridge yielded the following combination of items....cream cheese stuffed jalapenos, ricotta cheese, bacon, eggs and Parmesan cheese.. from my freezer...spinanch...and from the pantry....evaporated milk. After whisking the eggs, milk and ricotta cheese together I added the chopped spinach and divided the mixture between two frozen pie shells. The jalapenos were thinly sliced and evenly dotted the outside surface of the pie along with chopped bacon and sausage slices....after a final sprinkle of garlic powder, salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese they were ready for the oven....and they were perfection....tender...a little spicy....and there are leftovers.....a little labor (it is labor day after all) and enough left over to enjoy for several mornings....life is good

1 comment: